There are multiple ways to create and run discounts within Ricochet.
You can create auto discounts to automatically attach to items, discount an entire transaction, or discount individual items. This is going to cover how to discount and entire transaction and how to discount individual items at the Point of Sale.
Keep in mind, that discounting an item affects the payout to the consignor. We'll discuss this too.
To discount an entire sale.
- Add all items to the sale.
- To discount the entire sale, such as when using a coupon, click the small "+" icon in the item list summary next to the phrase "Transaction Discount."
- Select Percentage or Fixed Amount, enter a number to be discounted from the sale and click "Add Discount."
- Select the discount type. Choose Shared, Store, or Consignor.
Store: The store will absorb the entire discount amount and the consignor will still receive their full commission of the original price.
Shared: Traditional discount where the price of the item is reduced by the discount amount and then the commission split is applied. (Essentially this is equivalent to changing the price of an item before selling it then having the commission split applied. This is also the default method and how the Per Item discount has always worked prior to any discount feature updates.
Consignor: The consignor will absorb the entire discount amount and the store will still receive their full commission of the original price.
5. The discount will now be applied .
6. Complete the sale as normal.
To discount individual items on a sale:
- Add items to the sale.
- On the far right of the itemized list row, click the "+" icon in the appropriate line.
- Select the type of discount and the percentage/dollar amount.
- Choose who absorbs the discount.
- Verify the information you entered responded correctly.
- Complete Sale as normal.