Connecting Facebook to Ricochet can be one of the most powerful software integrations for your entire business. With Facebook and Instagram, you can list and sell products using a variety of Facebook functions. This includes various options such as a shop section on your page, adding products to posts, products on Instagram or Facebook stories, and creating ad campaigns for your inventory.
There are a few things that need to be set up prior to moving forward and connecting Facebook and Ricochet together.
- Establish your store's Facebook page as a Facebook Shop
- Establish a Facebook Business Manager to your store's Facebook page
- Be an active subscriber of the Ricochet Web Store Add-On
- Have basic Ricochet Web Store shipping settings completed
- Have either a PayPal Business account or be integrated with Gravity Payments with an active Web Key
Notes and Other Considerations
It's best to do this initial connection process on a desktop or laptop computer, rather than a mobile device.
If you have a custom domain set up through the web store, such as when you pay and own a unique URL through GoDaddy that Ricochet connects with, make sure you log in to Ricochet from your custom URL and not your .ricoconsign.com URL. The reason is that Facebook interprets the two URLs as different websites and will improperly import your products.
Helpful YouTube Videos:
Other Helpful Resources
Facebook Shops - This is Facebook's homepage for everything about setting up your first Facebook Shop and Business Manager. If all of this is Facebook commentary is foreign to you, this is a great place to start!
How To Connect Facebook and Ricochet
- Once you have a Facebook Business Manager account set up and attached to your store's page. Log In to Facebook.
- In Ricochet, navigate to Preferences > Integrations > Facebook Commerce
- Click on the green button to connect.
- Once connected, you will be redirected back to Ricochet.
- Return to Integrations > Facebook Commerce, and from the dropdown, select your store's account.
- Ricochet and Facebook should now be connected.
Managing Facebook Products
It's important to understand that you can only have one catalog active on your page at a time. Therefore, you will be managing all of your Facebook products directly from Ricochet moving forward.
Additionally, the communication between Facebook and Ricochet is a one-way street to maintain the integrity and accuracy of your online store. Therefore, DO NOT make any changes to a product within Facebook. If, for example, you wanted to update the price or description of an item on Facebook, the only way to do so would be to find that item in Ricochet and save it from there. The details will be updated accordingly on Facebook.
- Navigate to Facebook Business Manager at www.business.facebook.com
- From the main menu, select "Business Settings"
- Next, from the menu, select "Data Sources" to expand its options.
- Select "Catalog"
- From there you should see a new catalog that Ricochet created in your account. You can go back to this page whenever you would like if you want to see details about the products or are curious if the integration is working correctly.
Adding Products To Your Facebook Catalog
- Create or manage a product like normal in Ricochet. In this example, we are going to add a new product.
- Click on "New Item" in the Products tab or in a consignor's account.
- Fill out as much information as you can regarding the name, price, variants, etc.
- Note that BRAND is a required field for all Facebook products. If a brand is not selected, the product will not appear in your catalog.
- In the section labeled "Online Store & Shipping," toggle ON the Available Online
- Toggle ON the Facebook Commerce toggle.
- Select an item condition. This is a required field for Facebook Commerce.
- Be sure to also add Web Store product details such as Online Description and Weight.
- Save the item.
Managing and Fulfilling Sales
When a customer clicks to purchase a product on Facebook, they will be redirected to that product's page on your web store. Therefore, all of your "Facebook Sales" will actually be managed just like any other online transaction. This streamlines the checkout process and helps stores avoid Facebook's excessive processing fee.
Let's assume at this point, a customer has completed the checkout process for a product listed on Facebook.
- To view the order, in Ricochet, navigate to Online Store > Orders
- Here you will see a table with all of your online orders, both pending and fulfilled.
- Find the order and click the icon on the right to expand the details. From here you can see more information like the customer's name, any SKUs they purchased, and other relevant order details.
- To fulfill the order, you'll have to go to the website of the selected shipping carrier (ie: USPS, FedEx, etc) and create a new label with the box dimensions.
- Continue fulfilling the order by pulling the product from the shelf, packaging it accordingly, and shipping the item.
- You can then change the status of the order to "Fulfilled" to help you and your team understand what products have been shipped out or not.
- All reporting for online or Facebook sales can be found in the "Web Store Orders Report"
1. Does the Facebook connection also work for Instagram?
Yes! You must first create a business account in Instagram for your store's page. You will then see it in the Facebook Business Manager where you can also add the Ricochet catalog.
2. What if I am not using the Ricochet Web Store?
In order for a customer to purchase items from your Facebook Shop, you must have the Ricochet Web Store Add-On to enable checkout. You can learn more about the Web Store on our website or contact our team to get started.
3. How do I set up Facebook Business Manager?
Facebook has a basic walkthrough and guided tutorials on their support center.
4. How quickly does the integration update my catalog?
The initial activation of the connection may take up to 24 hours to complete. Most stores start seeing products populate within the first hour. Once the connection is fully set up and working, you'll see almost real-time updates to all future products you add in Ricochet.