As a store owner and Admin in Ricochet, you can change the passwords of your users, consignors, vendors, and customers from your account.
Please be aware that passwords are sensitive data and should not be shared with anybody.
Updating a password is simple:
- Go to Accounts > Users
- Find the individual you want to change the password for and click the gray 'Edit' icon.
- Enter the new password in the Password field and re-type the password in the Confirm Password field. Note that whether or not the user already has a password, the field will appear blank. Once a password is set, it cannot be removed, only overwritten.
- Click “Update."
Some of our password best practices:
- If possible, have the user or consignor type their own password. It is more respectful and less of an invasion of privacy to have them type their own password versus reading you their password while you type it in.
- Use a unique password. Mix in some unusual characters and numbers to make it more effective. In fact, we even recommend using a password manager such as 1Password or LastPass to take care of this for you. Our team uses them and cannot recommend them enough.
- Consignors, Vendors, and Users can update their account passwords on their own. They don't need to be physically present at the store do so.