Voiding a sale will remove the sale from Ricochet, put all items back into stock, and update the item quantity. Voids can only be done by Administrators and are permanent.
*Note: Voiding a sale will not return funds back to any Credit Cards used on the sale. If a credit card was used then you will either need to issue a return instead of a VOID or manually return the funds through your merchant service gateway dashboard or third party device.
To Void a sale from Ricochet:
- Navigate to Reports > Sales Detail Report
- Find the sale you are looking to void. You can narrow down your options by using the date picker.
- Once you find the sale, click the gray edit icon to the right.
- A modal will pop up with the option to Void a sale.
- Click that red button and confirm your choice to void a sale.