One of the most powerful features of ShipStation is emailing your customers with their order details, tracking information, and other relevant details.
By setting this up, your customer will have more confidence in ordering from your store and be significantly more pleased with the level of service and professionalism your shop offers through online orders.
To do this, you must first have an active ShipStation account integrated with Ricochet.
Before moving forward with Email Customization, it is recommended to have all of your store details and branding configured in ShipStation first. Most of these options can be found in your ShipStation account details, and branding customer pages options.
To Configure Your Automated Emails With ShipStation:
- Log In to Shipstation
- Navigate to settings ⚙️ in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click "Templates" and "Email Templates" from the settings menu.
- The default shipment template will be already active by default. Click "Copy" to open the editor.
- From here, you can add any important details to your orders or customize the text as you see fit.
- We recommend leaving most things as they are by default, except you should probably add your return policy to the bottom of the email. You're also free to update the Subject line and other details.
- Send a test email to yourself. Check that everything works as expected and click "Save."