When using Ricochet on Google Chrome, there are two separate steps to set default print settings. First you must set your default label size in Ricochet, and then confirm that size in Chrome. If you are using the Ricochet app on an iPad, you can skip the part about Chrome.
Setting Default Label Sizes in Ricochet:
- Navigate to Preferences > Product
- Click the tab titled "Labels"
- There will be three different label sizes. Choose the size by clicking the radio button in the appropriate row.
Setting Default Label Sizes For Chrome on a Mac Computer:
Before proceeding, if this is the first time you have set up your label printer, make sure you have downloaded and installed the correct Dymo drivers to your computer.
1. Open a new tab in Google Chrome and go to localhost:631 (put it into your nav bar just like you were to go to any other website)
2. One of two screens will show up. Either a menu titled CUPS will appear, or a screen saying "Web Interface is Disabled." If so, proceed to step 3. If you can now see the CUPS menu, proceed to step 7.
3. Copy the text cupsctl WebInterface=yes
4. Open the Terminal application either by using the Finder, or by clicking the magnifying glass in the top right hand and searching for Terminal.
5. Paste the text you copied from localhost directly into Terminal and press "enter"
This will allow you to use Local Host properly
6. Go back to Chrome and refresh the page.
7. Plug the label printer into the computer if you have not done so already. Select "Printers" from the primary menu in gray at the top.
8. Click on the link to your label printer.
9. From the "Administration" drop down, select "Set Default Options."
10. Under Media Size, select the appropriate label size you will be using.
- 30334 for 2.25" x 1.25
- 30299 for jewelry (butterfly)
- 30347 for 1" x 1.5"
11. Click "Set Default Options" to confirm your settings.
Your default label size is now updated for Ricochet in Google Chrome!