When using Ricochet on Google Chrome, there are two separate steps to set default print settings. First you must set your default label size in Ricochet, and then confirm that size in Chrome. If you are using the Ricochet app on an iPad, you can skip the part about Chrome.
Setting Default Label Sizes in Ricochet:
Navigate to Preferences > Product
Click the tab titled "Labels"
There will be three different label sizes. Choose the size by clicking the radio button in the appropriate row.
Setting Default Label Sizes For Chrome on a Mac Computer:
An issue with recent Mac updates has resulted in labels not printing, or not showing, the correct label sizes from Mac computers on Google Chrome & Opera browsers. We have discovered a print label workaround:
After selecting Print Labels you should see your browsers print preview window,
Select More Settings
Select Print using system dialog
Make sure DYMO is selected (first drop down field)
Next, select Paper Size
Scroll to 11354 Multi-Purpose (this will be toward the top), hover over this
Choose 30334 label from the flyout list.
Once selected, you can then select presets (second dropdown field)
Save this preset so as not to have to go through the steps each time.
Click Print from that menu.
NOTE* You will need to click the print system dialogue option and get to that menu to print until this issue is resolved between Apple and the browser updates.
Before proceeding, if this is the first time you have set up your label printer, make sure you have downloaded and installed the correct Dymo drivers to your computer.
1. Open a new tab in Google Chrome and go to localhost:631 (put it into your nav bar just like you were to go to any other website)
2. One of two screens will show up. Either a menu titled CUPS will appear, or a screen saying "Web Interface is Disabled." If so, proceed to step 3. If you can now see the CUPS menu, proceed to step 7.
3. Copy the text cupsctl WebInterface=yes
4. Open the Terminal application either by using the Finder, or by clicking the magnifying glass in the top right hand and searching for Terminal.
5. Paste the text you copied from localhost directly into Terminal and press "enter"
This will allow you to use Local Host properly
6. Go back to Chrome and refresh the page.
7. Plug the label printer into the computer if you have not done so already. Select "Printers" from the primary menu in gray at the top.
8. Click on the link to your label printer.
9. From the "Administration" drop down, select "Set Default Options."
10. Under Media Size, select the appropriate label size you will be using.
30334 for 2.25" x 1.25
30299 for jewelry (butterfly)
30347 for 1" x 1.5"
11. Click "Set Default Options" to confirm your settings.
Your default label size is now updated for Ricochet in Google Chrome!